Treat yourself and your family to more seafood flavors with our Pusit Lumot (Cuttlefish)! Get the same delicate texture and mild taste of the Squid, but this time at a higher level! The Squid and cuttlefish are from the same family. Yet, they offer milky milk notes and a creamy taste, making it a great ingredient in an Adobo dish, Calamares, Grilled calamari, and other Mediterranean cooking methods. Moreover, we guarantee freshly caught and quality inkfish that gives off a pleasant aroma and taste when cooked.
Cuttlefish (lumot) are more flat, compared to the squid (adobo). They are usually sold frozen at groceries, not freshmarkets. However, there are some specialty wet markets that sell fresh inkfish. They have richer taste, often with notes of inherent sweetness in the meat.
Here’s a simple recipe for grilled seafood dish:
- 1 kg inkfish, cleaned and prepared
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup calamansi juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, calamansi juice, minced garlic, sugar, and ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the cleaned and prepared seafood to the bowl, making sure to coat it well with the marinade. Let it marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Remove the inkfish from the marinade and discard any excess marinade.
- Brush the inkfish with cooking oil.
- Grill for about 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through and slightly charred.
- Remove the grilled inkfish from the grill and serve hot. Enjoy!
There are no reviews yet.