We offer fresh, thoroughly cleaned, and restaurant-quality salmon heads that you can bring home to your family. Make this part the main ingredient of a yummy fish stew dish or a grilled salmon recipe, and indulge in the softness of its tissues that glides on its soft, thin skin. Allow the fish fat to swim in your soup and improve the flavors of other vegetables and condiments. When grilled properly, the salmon flesh can grow mushy. Removing it from the bone is easy and delightful.
Salmon head is a popular ingredient in many cuisines, and can be used in a variety of dishes. Here’s a recipe for a delicious and flavorful salmon head soup:
- 1 salmon head
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili flakes (optional)
- Clean the fish and cut it into pieces.
- In a large pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook until the onion is translucent and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the fish pieces to the pot and cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the water, potatoes, carrot, celery, soy sauce, salt, and black pepper to the pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the fish is cooked through.
- Remove the fish pieces from the pot and discard the bones and skin. Return the fish meat to the pot.
- Add the green onions, sesame oil, and chili flakes (if using) to the pot and stir well.
- Serve the soup hot with rice or crusty bread.
Enjoy your delicious and nutritious salmon head soup!
Please allow for a variation (+/-) in the weight of some of our fresh seafoods, especially the bigger fish varieties, from those published as final weight will depend on the size of what’s available from the time of your purchase. Our selling prices, however, are fixed given the limitations of selling thru an online platform though we make an effort to get as close as possible to the higher published weights.
There are no reviews yet.