Give your family dinner an extra boost by cooking clam soup using our Halaan (Clams)! We understand the importance of freshness when choosing clams and thus guarantee that our mussels are freshly outsourced from reliable fisherfolks. We deliver them well-cleaned and frozen to keep their original taste, making them a great ingredient whether you add them to your favorite stew!
Here is a simple recipe you can try:
- 1 kg mussels , cleaned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 pieces red chili pepper (siling labuyo), chopped (optional)
- 2-3 stalks green onions, sliced (optional)
- In a pot, sauté the garlic, onion, tomatoes, and ginger until the onions become translucent.
- Add the cleaned mussels to the pot and mix well.
- Pour in the water and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add ground black pepper and red chili pepper (if using). Cover the pot and let it simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until they have opened up.
- Remove any unopened mussels, as they may not be safe to eat.
- Transfer the mussels stew to a serving bowl and sprinkle with green onions (if using).
- Serve hot with steamed rice. Enjoy!
There are no reviews yet.