Known as the most edible fish in the world, our Pompano fish should be an addition to your grocery list. We offer you fresh, thoroughly cleaned, and well-gutted Pompano fish ready to be fried, grilled, baked, or cooked in whatever recipe you fancy. Plus, this fish has a flat body and a regular size that fits just enough in the pan or grill! It also has a beautiful, silvery skin that adds to its visual appeal when you serve it to family and friends.
One of the famous dishes that feature Pompano is “Pinaputok na Pompano sa Asin,” a simple but flavorful dish that involves baking the fish in salt. Here’s a recipe for this dish:
- 1 whole Pompano, scaled and gutted
- 2 cups rock salt
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a mixing bowl, combine the rock salt, minced garlic, and sliced onion. Mix well.
- Stuff the Pompano fish with the salt mixture and place it on a baking dish.
- Bake the fish for 30 to 40 minutes or until the fish is cooked through and the salt crust is hard.
- In a separate pan, heat the vegetable oil and sauté the sliced tomatoes, green and red bell peppers, soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, and water. Cook until the vegetables are tender and the sauce thickens.
- Remove the Pompano from the oven and crack the salt crust. Discard the salt.
- Place the baked fish on a serving plate and pour the sauce over the top.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
Enjoy your Pinaputok na Pompano sa Asin!
Please allow for a variation (+/-) in the weight of some of our fresh seafoods, especially the bigger fish varieties, from those published as final weight will depend on the size of what’s available from the time of your purchase. Our selling prices, however, are fixed given the limitations of selling thru an online platform though we make an effort to get as close as possible to the higher published weights.
There are no reviews yet.